Kegel Exercises work on your pubococcygeal (PC) muscles – muscles that make up the floor of the abdominopelvic cavity and control the flow of urine. These muscles also help to control ejaculation and by exercising them you can delay your orgasm and prolong the pleasure for both you and your partner.
How to Last Longer and Have Better Sex with Kegel Exercises
Locate Your PC Muscles
Below are some ways to locate your PC muscle
- Try imagining yourself urinating; now try to cut off urine flow. Those muscles that contract to cut off your urine are your PC muscles.
- Another way to locate your PC muscles is to stand in front of a mirror and try lifting your testicles with these muscles as if you’re trying to shorten your penis.
- Lastly, you can locate your PC muscle by going naked and putting your finger in between your legs, behind your balls, but before your anus. Imagine you’re trying to cut off your urine flow. You should feel some movement where you placed your fingers.
To do Kegel exercises effective, you will have to flex only your PC muscles as often as you can. By flexing time frequently, you will be able to take control of your orgasm during sex and last longer in bed.
Ensure that your buttocks, legs or abs are not moving. If you find yourself flexing more of these body parts, then you’re most likely doing it wrongly. Follow the instructions above to locate your PC muscles.
Doing Kegel Exercises
Now that you’ve successfully located your PC muscles, its time to do some Kegel exercises.
You can practice any of the Kegel exercises below:
- Hold your PC muscles for 4 seconds, release for 2, then repeat the process 3 times
- Squeeze your PC muscles and release quickly 10 times
- Hold your PC muscles for 10 seconds, release for 5, then repeat the process 5 times.
You can start with any of these Kegel exercises. Once you’ve mastered them, you can then increase the duration and number of reps.
You can also try all three exercises and stick to the one you feel works best for you.
Benefits of Kegels Exercises
1. Delayed Ejaculation
This is the main reason why most men are advised to take their Kegel exercises seriously. As your orgasm builds during sex, you can stop all sexual activity and squeeze on your PC muscles as hard as possible using any of the three exercises.
This will help you slow down your orgasm and give you more time to enjoy sex without worrying about ejaculating.
However, stopping abruptly during sex might not be in the best interest of your partner, so instead of simply stopping and concentrating on holding off your orgasm, you can stop and pleasure her in other ways while practicing this control technique.
2. Makes Orgasm More Intense
Another benefit of Kegels is intense orgasms. By delaying your ejaculation for multiple periods, you’ll feel something more like a dam burst at the end. This type of orgasm is more intense and likely to leave you shaken up.
This way, you not only get to last longer in bed, but you can also enjoy better sex with your partner.
3. Orgasm without Ejaculating
For most men, ejaculating equals to an orgasm, but it doesn’t always have to be so. You can have an orgasm without ejaculating.
To do so, you will need to have mastered your Kegel exercises. When you get to the peak and you feel like you are right at the point of no return, squeeze hard on your PC muscles and hold. You should experience the effects of an orgasm, but you will be unable to ejaculate.
Unlike controlling your ejaculation to last longer, orgasming without ejaculating requires a lot more effort and practice. If you’re able to master this method, you should be able to orgasm multiple times in a session before you finally ejaculate.
Overdoing Kegel exercises would make them do the opposite of what they’re meant to do. Instead of helping control your ejaculation, it will stress your muscles and tire them out. This will make them unable to fulfill their necessary functions.
In some cases, overdoing Kegels could cause damage to the bladder and kidneys especially when done while urinating. You should have this at the back of your mind while practicing Kegel exercises.